Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cauliflower Balls

Unusual but delicious snack that even kid who does not like vegetables will love it. Cauliflower balls could also be served as an appetizer with a dipping sauce.

Preparation: 15 mins Cooking time: 5 mins

Ingredients (makes 10-12)
° 200g cauliflower, cut into florets
° 100g self-raising flour
° 25g corn starch (optional)
° 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
° 1 teaspoon sugar
° ½ teaspoon salt
° ½ teaspoon pepper
° 100ml water
° oil, for deep-frying

Method
1. Combine the flour, corn starch, oil, sugar, salt and pepper into a bowl. Slowly add the water and mix into a batter.
2. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or wok. Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter to coat and then fry in batches until golden brown.
3. Remove the cauliflower balls with a slotted spoon. Drain well on kitchen paper and serve immediate.

Tip

1. Instead of using cauliflower, fresh oyster mushroom can be used to make the fritter, if desired.

2 comments:

Nic said...

Hi crystal I have started converting myself into vegetarian and amazed by your blog. I have first tried your vegetables olives fried rice and then stopped browsing your blog for a while. Until these two days I was on vacation and I get to explore your blog again. This cauliflower balls used to be my secondary school unforgettable snacks. My tuition teacher fried this and treated all of us during the tuition. Till then I can't forget this delicious snacks and keep asking my mum to make for me. Until today I still not able to eat it again. I wish to cook this soon and remember the good time during my secondary school. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. Hope to see you start posting new recipe.

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Nic

Thank you so much for your kind words. A surprise to see such lovely comment! :)

You are a beautiful and lovely lady. Wow, it is great to hear that you are converting to a vegetarian. Fantastic! I fell in love with vegetarian food!

Not too sure how your tuition teacher's cauliflower ball taste like, but it must be very good and I guess she has added a special ingredient "love" to it. So wonderful of her to take good care of her students.

Anyway, give it a try and sometime after a few tries and adjustment, usually you will be able to perfect the taste you love.

Have a brilliant weekend ahead!

Cheers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails