Preparation: 5 mins, Cooking time: 8 mins
° 200g rice, cooked
° ¾ tablespoon vegetable curry powder
° ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
° 4 sprigs curry leaves
° 100g frozen mixed vegetable
° 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil
° salt, to taste
1. Mix the curry powder and chilli powder with a tad of water to form curry paste.
2. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan, fry the curry leaves for half a minute. Stir in the curry paste and fry until fragrant over medium heat.
3. Stir in the cooked rice, mixed vegetables and season with salt. If it is too dry, sprinkle some water on it. Fry about 2-3 minutes or until rice is heated through. Serve hot.
1. Rice for frying must be cooked at least 2 hours in advance or the night before.
2. Oil for frying the curry paste should be heated to the right temperature and maintained at a steady heat until the curry spices have release their flavour, without burning.