After few hours .... Salted Vegetable/"Kiam Chye" is almost ready ...Home-made salted mustard green is really simple, inexpensive and easy to prepare and cook. Give this recipe a try.
Preparation: 5 mins Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
° 400g mustard green
° 4 tablespoons white rice vinegar
° 1 tablespoon salt
° 1 teaspoon sugar
° 1 litre water
1. Trim off the roots of the mustard green.
2. Bring 1 litre of water to boil in a wok or pot. Blanch mustard green in boiling water for1-2 minutes, in batches. Drain and set aside.
3. Transfer the mustard green and the water used for blanching into a glass container.
4. Add salt, vinegar and sugar and mixed well. Ensure there is enough water to cover all the mustard green.
5. Cover up with a lid and let stand for 1 day before using for stir-frying.
1. Leave home-made salted mustard in a cool place for 2-3 days, if not keep refrigerated and best used within a week.