Preparation: 7 mins, Cooking time: 8 mins
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
° 200g white button mushroom, coarsely chopped
° 1½ -2 tablespoons non dairy margarine
° 350ml-400ml water
° 300ml unsweetened soy milk
° 2 tablespoons flour
° salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the flour with soy milk and mix well. Set aside.
2. Melt the margarine in a pot over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes or until soften.
3. Add the water, bring to a boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Give the soy milk and flour mixture a quick stir, before gradually stir into the mushroom stock mixture over low heat.
4. Return to high heat, stirring frequently until the soup has thickened. Season to taste with salt.
5. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls, sprinkle with pepper and serve hot.