Preparation: 5 mins, Cooking time: 5 mins
Ingredients (serves 2)
° 200g rice, cooked
° 20g carrot, peeled and diced
° 1 slice (25g) vegetarian ham, diced
° 10-12 pitted black olives, sliced
° 1½-2 tablespoons olive oil
° 1 clove garlic or 1 slice ginger, finely chopped
° 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
° salt, to taste
° pepper, to taste
° a small handful freshly chopped coriander, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and stir fry the garlic or ginger till fragrant.
2. Throw in the carrot, vegetarian ham and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in the cooked rice, olives and season with light soy sauce, salt and pepper. Fry about 2-3 minutes or until rice is heated through. Sprinkle with some water if it is too dry.
4. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
1. Rice for frying must be cooked at least 2 hours in advance or the night before.