Something similar to stir-fried rice vermicelli but for this recipe it is using bean vermicelli instead. If you prefer the colour of the bean vermicelli to be darker, reduce the amount of light soy sauce and replace with dark soy sauce, adding a bit at a time till you reach the desired result.
Preparation: 10 mins, Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients (serves 2)
° 100g bean vermicelli
° 100g bean spouts, tailed
° 25g carrot, peeled and shredded
° 4 Chinese dried mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms, soaked and shredded
° 2 stalks (50g) fresh coriander leaves, cut into 5cm section
° 2 cloves garlic or 2 slices ginger, finely chopped
° 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
° 2½ tablespoons light soy sauce, or 2 tablespoons light soy sauce and ½ tablespoon dark soy sauce
° ground black pepper, to taste
° 500ml water
1. Place bean vermicelli and water in pot and bring to a boil. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the garlic or ginger and fry till fragrant.
3. Add the carrot, mushrooms and stir-fry briskly for 30 seconds.
4. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute and push all the ingredients aside.
5. Throw in the bean vermicelli, add the light soy sauce, coriander leaves and toss gently to mix over low heat. Sprinkle some water for easier tossing, if needed. Season to taste with black pepper.
6. Dish up and serve immediately.