I love China Dou Miao (Snow Pea Shoots) stir-fried with ginger or garlic. It is simple yet delicious. If you have too many of such simple stir-fry veggies for meals, you might like to jazz it up a bit, like combining it with some tofu or tofu puffs and drizzle with some simple sauce. For a more robust sauce, you might want to use vegetable stock, light soy sauce etc.
Preparation: 15 mins, Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients (serves 2)
° 200g china dou miao/snow pea shoots
° 1 slice ginger or 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
° 1 tablespoon olive oil
° salt and pepper to taste
° 6 big tofu puffs, make an incision on 2 sides and toasted
° 1 tablespoon vegetarian oyster sauce
° 125ml water
° 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
° pepper to taste
° dash sesame oil
1. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the ginger or garlic and fry till fragrant.
2. Throw in the china dou miao and stir-fry briskly for 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the dou miao equally into 6 portion and stuff into the beancurd puff pocket.. Arrange the tofu puff on a serving plate.
4. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the sauce mixture in a heated wok. Stirring constantly until the sauce thicken.
5. Drizzle the sauce over the tofu puff and serve immediately.