Was curious how to make the vegetarian noodle prawn and try it. As I did not have wonton noodle at home, so I just made do without using it to tie the vegetarian noodle prawn. Use granulated mushroom bouillon or any other vegetarian seasoning to replace the spice salt if desired. Decided to toast it instead of deep-fry for a healthy dish and it is much simpler.
Preparation: 15 mins, Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients (makes 12)
° 12 pieces beancurd skin (11cm x 11cm)
° 12 pieces beancurd skin (5cm x 8cm)
° 50g carrot, peeled and cut into 6cm x 1cm strip
° 50g white radish, peeled and cut into 6cm x 1cm strip
° 2 fresh shiitake mushroom, cut into 12 strip
° olive oil, for brushing
° ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
° 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
° ½ teaspoon sugar
° ¼ teaspoon spices salt or taste
° pepper to taste
1. Combine the carrot, radish, mushroom with seasoning and mix well. Marinate for 15 – 30 minutes.
2. Wipe the beancurd sheet with wet kitchen towel to remove saltiness. Lay the big beancurd sheet on a plate or chopping board. Then, place a smaller beancurd sheet on top in the middle.
3. Place the carrot, radish, mushroom on the top. Fold in the top corner, wrap up, and give it a little twist near the end. Alternatively, tie with noodle. Brush with olive oil. Repeat with the rest.
4. Place in the toaster oven or oven. Toast or bake until golden yellow.
5. Remove and serve immediately.