Monday, April 06, 2009

Mango and Veggie Salad with Wasabi Salad Dressing


Lately have been busy with other stuff that I didn’t spend enough time on this recipe blog and those things on my January To-Do List. So last night, I decided to create this recipe at 8pm. It is real simple as I love to say. It has to be simple yet nutritious to be done at home by anyone, anything that required more works; let’s enjoy them at the vegetarian eateries. Maybe it is a little bit costly, but just takes that as the price for the manhour if we have to do it ourselves and we can relax and dine in a different ambience … Be a little compassionate and pamper ourselves once in a while by having a nice meal at the vegetarian eateries …

Back to this recipe, adding mango to the veggies salad gives a different taste – natural sweetness.! The amount of mango or carrot or cucumber to be used depends on individual preference. For the salad dressing, I added Wasabi! Sunny had left comments on my blog that avocado with wasabi is her favorites, I think. So, I happened to pass by the sushi counter at Cold Storage @ Bugis, so I brought 2 little pack of wasabi at 10 cents each. By adding wasabi to the salad cream, it gives a totally new flavour and it is nice, but you have to taste it before adding more wasabi, if not …. : )

Oh yeah, just to share this new piece of information from
Health Promotion Board (HPB) - A Vegetarian’s Guide to Eating Right Share with ALL your friends (veg*n and non-veg*n)….

Preparation: 8-10 mins


Ingredients (serves 1-2)
° 75g mango shreds
° 50g carrot shreds
° 25g Japanese cucumber shreds
° 1 lettuce leaves (optional), for garnish
° some toasted/roasted sesame seeds (optional)

Wasabi Salad Dressing
° 1 tablespoon vegetarian salad cream/ vegan mayonnaise
° 1 teaspoon sugar
° 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
° ¼ - ½ teaspoon wasabi or to taste

Method
1. Combine all the wasabi salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Arrange the mango shreds, carrot shreds and cucumber shreds on the lettuce leaves. Garnish with sesame seeds.
3. Serve with wasabi salad dressing sauce.

5 comments:

jan said...

Nice blogs.
Thank !

Recipes Planner

Unknown said...

How do you make mango shreds

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Nancy

It is the same way that we cut green mango shreds, when you google how to cut a mango, you may be able to find some video demonstrating it, it is easy to watch then reading the instruction.

What I did was, I used a fruit peeler to peel off the skin. Then, either I put the mango on the chopping board or on my hand,on one side, I use the knife to cut many lines, parallel to each one. Then, I slice across from top of the mango to the bottom. Repeatly until there is no more mango fresh on it.

Next I would do the other side. Sorry for such a messy instruction.

Cheers :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe :) May i know if the wasabi you use is specially for vegetarians? Would u mind telling me which brand is that?
Jeanne

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Jeanne

The wasabi i got is VEGAN :) product from Taiwan - ingredient Horseradish, salt, vit E, food colouring.
www.//sg-wasbi.com.tw

I got it from Friendly Vegetarian Food Supplier (tel:6456 6607), i think is S$2+ for 43g (tube form).

Cheers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails