Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Preserved Olive Vegetables Rice


This recipe is the act of my right brain at work! When my son told me about the yummy Herbal Fried Rice offered by the Vegetarian Stall in his school.  I was not present in the HERE and NOW, upon hearing the word 'herbal', my right brain wander off to the thoughts of fried rice with olive, then it reminds me of the preserved olive vegetable and many other things that eventually lead me to this creation - adding preserved olive vegetable to cook the rice.   

This is the characteristic of a Right-Brained (often misunderstood), where they can think of one thing, say another and their brain has already moved on to another thought. 


If you are curious whether you are a right-brained or left-brained person, take the simple test @ The Right Brain vs Left Brain test. Have fun!

Preparation:     10 mins, Cooking time:  15 mins
           
Ingredients (serves 2)
°         200g rice, washed and drained
°         400ml water
°         2-3 tablespoons preserved olive vegetables
°         some freshly chopped spring onion (optional) 

Method
1.      Combine all the ingredients into an electric rice cooker, mix well and turn it on.
2.      When done leave the cooked rice to rest, covered, for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3.      Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot.

4 comments:

GEORGE ALAN FRAMPTON said...

Thank you. I love olives and with my "also" right brain, I thought of putting about 1 tsp. of olive oil in with the rice while it is cooking.

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi George Alan Frampton

Good idea :)

Cheers :)

Springflow... said...

hey crystal..tis reminded me of whole earth olive friend rice! my parents love it..and i hv also tried..thou not the original 'kana chai' from bottle..i implemented with 'fresh' olives from canned..cheers :)

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Springflow,

You mean the Olive Fried Rice from WHOLE EARTH restaurant, my family love it too!

Creatively, using fresh olive :) We only get olives in bottles form here.

Cheers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails