Nothing difficult and yet you can churn out different variants and presentable dessert. Well, if mint coconut milk does not appeal to you, you can always have mango puree coconut milk sauce, durian puree coconut milk sauce, raspberry coconut milk sauce or whatever sauce you can think of and the most important thing is the sauce must be something you like.
Preparation: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins
Ingredients (serves 2)
° 150g glutinous rice
° 150ml water
° ¼-3 stalks fresh lemon grass
° 1 slice ginger
° mint leaves (optional), for garnish
° roasted sesame seed (optional), for garnish
° 60ml fresh coconut milk
° 2 tablespoons peppermint syrup
1. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well. Set aside and chilled.
2. Wash the glutinous rice and place in a bowl with enough water to cover. Leave to soak for 3 hours or more. Drain thoroughly.
3. Peel off the outer layers of the lemon grass stalks, leaving the tender whitish centre. Cut into 8cm pieces and bruised.
4. Place the glutinous rice, water, salt and lemon grass, ginger into an electric rice cooker, mix well and turn it on. Discard lemon grass and ginger when done.
5. Divide into individual serving plate. Garnish with mint leaves and sesame seeds.
6. Drizzle the sauce over the glutinous rice pudding and serves immediately or chilled.