Monday, April 20, 2009

Pickled Pumpkin

Didn’t know that Pickled Pumpkin can be so yummy. I had Stone Pot Rice at Yes Natural Yes Natural (btw Yes Natural Bakery next door sells Delicious Curry Puff) and they have pickled pumpkin on it. It is crunchy, sweet and a bit sourly, very appetizing just like pickled papaya which I really like. I haven’t decided whatever should I add salt on the pumpkin to extract the water, maybe next round I shall try it. Anyway, it is real easy, there isn’t even a need to boil the vinegar. The problem I have is I don’t have the patient to slice it thin enough!

Preparation: 10 mins

Ingredients (serves 6)
° 350g pumpkin (weight after peeling), thinly sliced
° 150ml distilled white vinegar
° 100g sugar, or to taste

Method
1. Combine all the ingredients in a glass container, mix well and leave to stand for 24 hours in the refrigerator prior to serving.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had never try pickled pumpkin before...
Is the ingredient right? Green mango or pumpkin?

Cheers,
Sunny:P

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Oops, I forgotten to change green mango to pumpkin, when I use the old recipe as template, to save same typing ... :p

Changed that already. Me too, I had never try pickled pumpkin and even think about it, but the pickled pumpkin in the stone pot rice was delicious ...

Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

oh those are pumpkin! i always thought those are papaya!! haha

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Veggie Bun, you are right, those we commonly see are papaya. It was only lately that i discovered that pumpkin can be pickled and tasted good too. :)

Cheers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails