This is an easy but makes a satisfying light lunch and they are very easy to prepare, too.Preparation: 5 mins Cooking time: 25 mins
Ingredients (serves 1)
° 2 slices of bread
° 1 potato, peeled and cut into chunks
° 1 tablespoon mayonnaise/vegetarian salad cream
° salt and pepper to taste
° toasted sesame seeds and butter (optional)
1. Cook the potato in a pot of boiling, lightly salted water for about 15 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain well and mash potato in a container with a fork.
2. Add the mayonnaise/vegetarian salad cream, toasted sesame seeds to the mashed potatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Evenly spread mayonnaise/vegetarian salad cream or butter on one slice of bread.
4. Spread the mashed potato mixture on the bread.
5. Spread mayonnaise/vegetarian salad cream or butter on the second slice of bread, and complete the sandwich.
6. Slice the sandwich diagonally and use sandwich toothpicks to hold the sandwich halves together.
1. How to toast n roast sesameseeds
2. Potato and mayonnaise sandwich tasted better with toasted bread.
3. Vinegar/fresh lemon juice, chopped celery, cucumber slices, tomatoes slices, lettuces can be added, if desired.
4. For potato and mayonnaise croissant. Add lettuces, cucumber/tomatoes slices and grilled vegetarian bacon slice or vegetarian ham slice.