Monday, June 02, 2008

Vegan Caramel Custard Pudding

While making the Avocado Jelly sometime back, I discovered that it has the custard pudding, texture. Therefore, I modified the recipe for Avocado Jelly to make this. Using palm sugar to replace the caramel, maple syrup can be used if desired. Not forgetting the vanilla essence or extract. This is just another way of making vegan caramel custard pudding, it can be improved on. Top with some palm sugar or maple syrup if preferred.

Preparation: 15 mins, Cooking time: 5 mins

Ingredients (Makes 18)
° 12g agar-agar powder
° 1.5 litre water
° 225g-250g sugar, or to taste
° 125g palm sugar/gula melaka, chopped
° 2 teaspoons vanilla essence, or to taste
° 3 ripe avocado, peeled and diced

Method
1. Dissolve agar-agar powder in 1.5 litre of water in a pot.
2. Add sugar and bring to a boil. Remove pot from heat.
3. Combine agar-agar mixture, avocado, vanilla essence in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour 300ml of agar-agar mixture with palm sugar till dissolved. Pour equally into individual moulds and set aside till the surface start to firm up.
5. Pour the rest of agar-agar mixture into individual moulds and leave to cool before refrigerating until chilled.
6. Serve chilled.

7 comments:

Sunny said...

Not a caramel lover but I wish I could try your Avocado version:P

Try planting avocado until success. I have 2 success out of many. Actually, the 2 seeds are only half covered by soil with tall stem that grow to about 45cm then stop with a few leaves on top. I wonder what next until it bears me fruits, no signs of flowers:P

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Thanks Sunny, now i understand why my avocado does not grow. I covered the seed with soil!

I will try again soon.

My current excitment in my gardening is a pair of loving hummingbirds starting to build their nest on my hanging plant few days back. They are working very hard from morning till evening, I need to research more on it.

Now i have more jobs, besides changing the water bath for 2 mynahs that come to my place, cleaning the shit that they left on my parapet. I need to ensure my hanging plant don't die, so the humming birds' nest can hang on.

If i don't post often, that is the reason why, I spend my time watching them :p

Oh, I stay in a high raise flat, 9 storey high :)

Cheers :)

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Sunny, I just planted the Avocado seed after having my avocado soymilk shake :) This time round, half covered with soil. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha... with pointed end on top or it will grow into the soil...:P

Cheers,
Sunny :-)

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Ok and thanks sunny :)

dreamy said...

Wah! It looks good! How can you say you don't cook well... Avocado can grow in Singapore? I thought it requires lower temperature..

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Dreamy

Not sure, the avocado that i tried fail but sunny had 2 successful one with stem 45cm tall.

cheers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails