Monday, July 14, 2008

Roselle Tea


Roselle Fruit
Roselle! I finally found this at the Supermarket after so many many years, it is organic and a product of Singapore. When I was 12 years old, my dad brought back a big bag of roselle fruit which was given to him by his friend and I was given the task to make this drink for the whole family. It was like Ribena to me and I like it. Check out more about: Roselle Plant.
Preparation: 5 mins, Cooking time: 5 mins

Ingredients (serves 8-10)
° 200g roselle fruits
° 2 – 2½ litres water
° sugar to taste

Method
1. To make the drink, put the roselle and water in a pot. Bring to a boil and add sugar.
2. Remove from heat, strain and serve warm or chill.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no need to cut that roselle? Never seen this before.

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Veggie Bun,

No need to cut the roselle fruit. Very rare, it was a big surprise to find it at Fairprice, 200g for $2.50.

It was only lately, I found out the name of this at the Zoo ( Tropical Plant Section). I didn't see these fruit for few decades already.

Cheers :)

Anonymous said...

you can make into pickles and also jam

ioyces said...

hi Crystal!! I found these at sentosa too!! It's at the herb garden near the merlion...i think it was around 6 dollars for a small packet- looks like Fairprice has a better deal! Tried to bring it back to Australia but it got confiscated- very silly of me..!! The guy who sold it to me said that it's good for losing weight... :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal, can I check with you if these Roselle flowers/ fruit is still commonly available in FairPrice and if so, which FairPrice branch did you get it from?

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails