Monday, March 16, 2009

Instant Vegetarian Satay!

I got this packet of 10 sticks of Vegetarian Satay that come with Satay Peanut Sauce too, from Friendly Vegetarian Food Supplier. The shop assistant recommended that I take this brand – Tian Hock (天福斋供应商). Oh, it turns out delicious.

What I did was place the satay in my oven toaster, brush some oil on it and toast it. Next, I cut some Japanese cucumber, onion (omit, if you desired) and steamed the Lotong Rice that I got from the Supermarket and warm up the Satay Peanut Sauce. The Satay Peanut Sauce is sufficient for the satays, cucumber and Lotong Rice.

And all with 15 minutes, I can enjoy this lovely vegetarian satay at home without much fuss.

As for the price, oh I can’t remember now and this supplier does not have the habit of pasting price tag on their product.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? had not had any nice vegetarian satays yet...
Any way to have a peanut-free gravy? what's recommended to replace it? I am abit peanuts-allergy...

Thank you
Glutton

a veg*n @ Blog*Spot said...

Hi Glutton

Yes, I find it nice and i think if I can brush with some honey (not for vegan) and BBQ it, it will be much better.

Peanut free gravy? Hmmm... a tough question. Ha..ha... I need to think about that :) Maybe, replace peanut with mash potatoes, need testings ...

Cheers :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails